‘Leading The Way'
As a learning community, we place a very strong emphasis on participation and cooperative effort.
- Birrong provides a quality education for all students.
- Extra programs extend students' abilities and passions through enrichment programs in creative and performing arts, sports and technology.
- Excellent library resources are used to ensure students learn effectively in all subject areas and develop a wide range of skills.
- Birrong is a secure, nurturing environment for children of all abilities and backgrounds.
- All programs at Birrong promote positive relationships and self-esteem.
At Birrong Public School we foster the all-round development of children by providing a quality learning environment with teaching and learning programs that cater for individual needs, interests and talents. Weendeavourto create an atmosphere which fosters individual growth through a variety of academic, cultural, social and physical development and environmental experiences. The achievements of all students are encouraged andrecognised. We constantly strive to provide our students with opportunities to acquire skills and knowledge and to develop attitudes and values which will equip them for a full and satisfying life.
Meeting the Needs of Students
Our school is safe and secure with a disciplined learning environment. We provide Peer Support Programs that develop leadership skills and promote respect and responsibility. Our school offers social skills programs that foster positive relationships and fair play.
Our highly dedicated and enthusiastic teaching and support staff deliver stimulating lessons catering for the needs of every child. We provide the latest technologies to enhance their learning. Your child will have access to interactive whiteboards, the internet and computers in all classrooms across the school.
Our quality programs meet the needs of all students and the local community. Our extensive arts program includes a band, choir and dance ensemble. We also offer a comprehensive sports program that focuses on promoting active and healthy lifestyles.
Our school has a valued partnership with the community and parents. Our parents have input in the decision making process about curriculum. We have a hard working and committed parent body that organise and lead our annual Spring Fair.
We invite you to visit us and find out more about the great opportunities we have on offer for your child.
Significant Programs and Initiatives
The school runs a number of programs to give students additional educational support. These are:
- Learning Support Program
- Student Welfare Program
- Environmental Education Program
- Peer Support Program
- Band, Drumming, Choir and Dance Programs
- Technology Program
- English as a Second Language Program
- Enrichment Programs
- Kids to Kindergarten
- Before and After School Care
- Teacher Training and Development
- Home Reading
- Reading Recovery
- Enrichment Classes
- Student Representative Council
- Values Education
- Performing Arts Concert
- Tennis Group
These will continue in the future along with the implementation of a speech therapy program and the employment of a Community Liaison Officer to help strengthen the community / school link.